A portion of the money raised by the Mullica Hill Women’s Tri Club is used to support charitable events and community actions. These may be in the form of scholarships, bike safety initiatives, or betterment of the community.
In addition, we will honor a limited number of monetary donation requests for a charitable cause, directly from our club members. All donation requests must be submitted in writing and will be subject to MHWTC donation request policies and reviewed quarterly by an appointed committee. The founding members of the MHWTC neither sit on this committee nor participate in the selection process.
If you would like to submit a request for a charitable donation from the MHWTC, please read the instructions below.
Donation Request Policies:
- The request must be made by a current MHWTC member.
- The request must be in line with our mission to empower women in our community to achieve personal fitness goals, develop their inner athlete and raise awareness for important causes.
- Funds available will not exceed $2,000 annually. Request for donations may not exceed $500 per quarter.
- It is permissible to request funds for more than one quarter in a calendar year.
Donation Request Procedure:
Please include the following information to ensure that your request is processed in a timely fashion. Failure to do so may affect the committee’s ability to perform a thorough review.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your donation request.
- Submit the request on letterhead. If letterhead is not available, a flyer or other promotional document advertising the event or organization must be submitted along with the request.
- Include the date of the request.
- Provide the non-profit number, if applicable (also known as the Tax ID exemption number).
- Include the full name and address of the organization that will be receiving the funds.
- Include the full name of a primary contact person along with their telephone number and email address. This will be the person we notify if the request is approved.
- Write a summary about the organization or event, and a brief explanation of what you are requesting and why. If requesting for a specific event (like a race or fundraiser), please include the nature of the event, (name, date, time, location, sponsor), what it benefits and how the club’s contributions will be used. If it is a general donation to a charitable organization, small non-profit group, or a specific project, please include a full description of how the club’s donation will be used.
* We accept submissions all year, but only review requests quarterly. The reviews will take place during the following months:
If your event is time sensitive, please ensure that you get your request in early!
You will be contacted if your request has been approved or denied. Although we are honored to receive charitable requests from members, we are unfortunately not able to support them all. Please note that even if approved, you may not receive the full amount you requested, though we will always try our best to do so.
Thank you for supporting the club so we, in turn, can better support the community!