The Tour de Safety is the Club’s effort to create an awareness of the increasing number of cyclists in our community and educate families, cyclists, pedestrians and drivers on ways to safely navigate the roads together. This Awareness Ride to kick off National Bike Month is designed to be fun for all abilities. There will also be a Bike Rodeo for the children. A rodeo is a bicycle skills event which provides an opportunity for bicyclists to practice and develop skills that will help them to become better bicyclists and avoid typical crashes. The goal of the bicycle rodeo is to provide an opportunity for the participants to learn, practice, and demonstrate their bicycle handling skills in a fun, noncompetitive atmosphere.
The Tour de Safety is open to any and every rider, both kids and adults. There are 4 different ride options available.
- 50 Mile Ride – aimed at veteran cyclists (Riders should be able to average 15-16mph and complete the 50 miles by noon, ~4hrs)
- 25 Mile Ride – aimed at a more casual cyclists and those in training for an event (Riders should be able to average 10+mph and complete the 25 Miles by noon, ~3hrs)
- 5 Mile Family Ride – for children and their parents (Children should be able to complete this distance by noon, ~1hr). No training wheels, balance bikes, big wheels etc *see Bike Rodeo
- Bike Rodeo- An 8 Station fun filled bike skills learning event.
Sunday, May 21
- 8:00 am- 50 Mile Ride Rolls Out!!
- 9:00 am- 25 Mile Ride Rolls Out!
- 10:00 am- 5 Mile Family Ride Rolls Out!
- 11:00 am- Bike Rodeo
Gloucester County 4 H Fairgrounds, Mullica Hill NJ
275 Bridgeton Pike Mullica Hill, NJ 08062
- 50 Mile Ride: 7:15 am to 7:45 am- $25 per rider
- 25 Mile Ride: 8:00 am to 8:45 am- $25 per rider
- 5 mile Ride: 9:00 am to 9:45 am- $10 per rider
- Bike Rodeo: 9:00- up through the event- FREE
All funds raised by the Tour de Safety will be used to promote safe cycling within the Club and surrounding communities.