12 Weeks Before (Monday, April 8):
Okay ladies, it is time to start training for the Queen of the Hill. Whether, this is your first triathlon or you are a Veteran, take the training a week at a time or a day at a time. Here is a training schedule for you to help keep you on track for the June 29 QOTH event. Good Luck!
Two Days Before (Thursday, June 27):
Make sure your bike is in good condition and you have all of your tri gear. We are encouraging MHWTC members to go to Moods Farm anytime on Thursday or Friday to pick blueberries and/or peaches for our ROYAL BRUNCH. Please leave “donated” fruit at Moods, and we will pick up it up and transport it to the race. Get a good night sleep.
Day/Night Before (Friday, June 28):
Packet Pick up is at South Jersey Running and Triathlon Store from 10 am -7 pm on Friday and available the morning of before the race.
Lay our all of your gear – Keep it Simple.
- Swim: trisuit/swimsuit, goggles, swim cap from your packet
- Bike: bike shoes, helmet, sunglasses, water bottle.
- Run: sneakers, race belt.
Pack an extra water bottle and sunscreen, a small sport towel (bright color) to lay your items on. It is a good idea to put your bib # on your race belt or shirt and your bike the night before the race. (IMPT NOTE: bike number should be facing out to the left on your bike. Twist ties are provided in the race packets to secure them.)
Race Day (Saturday Morning, June 29..how exciting!):
Transition opens at 5:30 am. We expect most athletes will be arriving between 6-7 am. Allow yourself plenty of time to park and walk/ride your bike to transition. Most parking is ½ mile-1 mile away from the start.
- Get numbered before you rack your bike. We are having kids do the numbering. Please tell them your age at the END OF THE YEAR. This will go your leg and your race number will go on your arm. If you are an Athena, there should be an “A” before your age and if you are part of a relay there should put an “R” before your age. Our youngest volunteers are so excited to help out!
- Rack your bike (anywhere). We will not have numbered racks. Be sure to remember where you racked your bike. We are going to be very tight, so please take up as little room as possible.
- We will have three super sweet porta-potties and two horrible outhouses. If you are a frequent bathroom visitor prior to a race, you might want to get there even earlier as we do expect lines. We will have someone guarding the bikes and only the numbered athletes can remove their bike after the race.
- First heat will be in the water at 7:30 am and the last heat will probably get in close to 8:00 am. We expect the first person to finish in just about one hour and the longest to take about 2 hours- give or take.